Introduction To Cookie Decorating
Course ActionsUpgrade Plan
In this video lesson you will learn the most basic points to start in the world of decorated cookies. With this information you can apply the same techniques and principles to different models of cookies. This video lesson has more than 1 hour of recording.
> Topics covered in the course:
- Basic buttery biscuit recipe and variations
- Techniques for leveling, cutting and baking perfect cookies
- How to prevent cookies from warping in the oven
- How to insert a toothpick into the cookie to make "cookie lollipops"
- Basic recipe of royal icing
- Most used glaze points and their applications (10 second fluid icing and soft peaks)
- Basic decoration techniques: contouring, filling, creating homemade confectionery in a simple way, basic pressure piping, use of stamps
- Several cat tips and jumps for you to optimize your production
- Different techniques for perfect drying
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g of sugar
- 400g of flour
Buttery Dough Recipe
Leveling The Mass
In this module you will learn how to spread the dough evenly to get perfect cookies.
Cut and Bake
In this module you will learn how to cut and bake cookies. You will also learn my best technique for placing sticks in your cookies, so that they are very firm and secure, even in the finest cookies.
How to Make Royal Icing
In this video you will learn how to make the recipe for Royal icing
Icing points and bag assembly
In this module you will learn how to make and recognize different icing points and how to assemble the pastry bag
Filling and Drying The Icing
In this module you learn to fill the cookies with a perfect finish.